Friday, January 28, 2005

Carnegie's

Finally it's Friday! I have been so busy this whole day. As usual, my manager who has no time managment only started asking me to prepare whatever proposal she needs for the meeting in the afternoon. But luckily I still managed to sneak out in the midst of busy work to have lunch.
We had lunch at this Bistro that is newly opened at the ground floor of our building called "Carnegie's". They have been in the market for quite some time in Singapore, Perth, Taiwan and Hong Kong. The place looks pretty cool with all 70's & 80's posters on the wall and plays good music.
We are the first group of persons went in for lunch (3 persons count as a group right?) I ordered a set lunch that came with a salad, grilled snapper and a drink with the options of soft drinks, coffee, tea, draught beer or wine. Can you imagine? Alcohol over the lunch! It really reminds me of aussie! But at the end, I had only a ice leomn tea.
Overall the food are nice, but the service is slow. In order to beat the lunch crowd, I think they need to increase their efficiency. Buy anyway, besides the food, there are always more interesting things to talk about, like the patrons. hehe....
A lot of "yummy" (a description quoted from a friend) people actually went there for lunch this afternoon. I guess they all work around here, probably just the building next door. It makes me think: why all these interesting and yummy people only exist in other company but not mine??!!! I doubt this is the "grass is always greener on the other side of the fence" thinking. This is really true!
Anyway, overall today's lunch is good, a relaxing one to help me to de-stress abit to continue my second half of the day.

No comments: