Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Finally, it's up!

Last Friday I attended a product launching with my colleague at Sunway Hotel. It was actually kinda interesting to me, as it was the first time for me to attend such an event. Unfortunately, I only got to know about it on that morning itself. Can you imagine? It was a Friday where everyone (at least me) would actually dress more casual to work. On that morning, when I was standing in front of my wardrobe, I decided to put on my pink and brown flora skirt and matched it with a plain black top, which actually looks like, no, it’s exactly a baby tee. Luckily, I didn’t allow myself to forgo that pair of pantyhose. Yeah, the idea of just not wearing the pantyhose did come across my mind, but phew~~ I managed to beat the laziness laid in me.

When we reached the place, we realized that we were actually an hour early! In order to ensure the programs run smoothly, the organizer actually allocated ONE HOUR for the media registration. It makes me wonder, if most media people always late for such function. Anyway, the one hour waiting time was just nice for me to have a chat with my colleague. Since I always didn’t get a chance to talk to her in the office, it was a good chance to know her better through the conversation. I guess after all we are just ordinary girls, who like shopping, food and … gossip!!

After the good chat, we were directed to the entrance of the ballroom and ushered to our seats at the few front rows. The whole product launch, plus the press conference later on took up about an hour and a half. I actually started getting bored when reporters asked some technical questions that I had no idea what are all that about.

Finally, the launch came to an end, and we were ushered to another ballroom to have our lunch!! I know I sound greedy, but I was so hungry. When we left the place, we even got product sample as door gift!

This is my 7th day at work, and I finally got a chance to go out for appointment! I went for 2 appointments with my manager. Honestly, I felt myself looked very stupid during the appointment. In the first appointment, my manager did all the talking, and presented all materials prepared to the client. I was just sitting there, looking at both of them. I always think that from one’s eye contact, you can actually determine your importance in that conversation. Since, the client didn’t even bother to look at me throughout the whole conversation after exchanging name cards, so you can tell how important I was during that appointment right. Anyways, it was a good chance to learn from my manager ways to do presentation and to approach clients.

Here goes my 7th day at work, and I believe there are more to share when time comes. Stay tune!
p/s: I actually wrote this few days ago, but just did not get the chance to post it up. Oh right, yeah be more accurate, I was just too lazy to come online to post it up. But anyway, finally now it's here. ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey gal!!

It's always good to see you posting up new updates of your life as we hardly chat on msn now.Life has never been so hectic for me.The coming two weeks will be hell for me, but that's fine :)I will be able to pull through .