Sunday, April 17, 2005

Tie the knot?!

I had a good weekend catching up with some friends that I never met for quite some time. Saturday afternoon, I went to Mid Valley to meet up a friend for lunch. We went to chili’s as I felt so greedy and hungry and really craved for some “satisfying” food, in another words, a big portion of food! Apart from the yummy food that they have, one thing I really like about chili’s is the bottomless beverages that they offer. That is why we could spend nearly 4 hours there with our fruit juices refilled for countless times!! Later on, another friend came to join us as well.

In that afternoon, I have to digest the news of my friend is getting married soon. This is the second friend who is at my age that wants to get married! Another friend who joined us later on told us that she and her bf has been planning to get married probably 2 yrs later. I was kinda in shock when this topic brought up during our conversation. Oh well, yeah, this is not the first time we talked about marriage, but I just never thought that it is already so near us! It makes me wonder who will be the next person who will give to their wedding. All of sudden, the topic that we were talking about make myself feel so like an ADULT but in another way, I felt left out too! This is just something that never came across my mind! I would probably think of my career, my family, maybe a guy that I have crush on, maybe a good friend that I care about, but just not marriage. It is not that marriage isn’t something for me, but maybe I’m not at that stage yet to think about it. I guess we all at a different pace now, and maybe I’m the one taking a damn slow pace that left behind.

Congratulations to all my friends who tied the knot, going to tie the knot, and plan to tie the knot soon! All my best wishes to all these happy couples!

1 comment:

Eu Sean said...

Mei, you tying a knot arrr?? hehehehe...